Google has released a new ranking algorithm update. It seeks to place high-quality product review content above superficial reviews. This is not a major update. This affects most review searches, such as the “Marvel Champions LCG Review”. According to Google, the update will take most of December to complete.
What’s new in this algorithm update?
View the “Google December 2021 Product Review Update” product review content. It does not penalize bad reviews but promotes “insightful analysis and core research”. Although it is a worldwide launch, the algorithm only sees English-language content with this first release.
It is not clear what percentage of searches will be affected by this update. Google has said it will regularly refresh the new algorithm without announcing the changes.
Write a review on how to rank well
Google has published the best practices for online review If you want to find your review in Google search results, do the following:
- Product evaluation from a user’s perspective.
- Show that you are knowledgeable about the products being reviewed – Show that you are an expert.
- Provide evidence of other links to your own experience with this type of visual, audio or product to support your expertise and reinforce the authenticity of your review.
- Share quantitative measurements about how a product measures different categories of performance.
- Explain what makes a product different from its competitors.
- Cover comparable products to consider, or explain which products might be best for specific uses or situations.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a particular product based on your own core research.
- Describe how a product has improved from previous models or releases, providing improvements, troubleshooting, or otherwise helping users make purchasing decisions.
- Identify the main decision-making factors for the product segment and how the product performs in those regions (for example, a car review may determine the key decision-making factors in fuel economy, safety and management, and rate performance in those regions).
- Describe the key choices of how a product is designed and their impact on users beyond the manufacturer’s word.
- Include links to other useful resources (from your own or other sites) to help the reader make a decision.
- Consider including multiple seller links to give the reader the option to purchase from the merchant of their choice.
Google recommends focusing on review quality and originality, not length.
Optimize your website now
Google uses different signals to rank web pages. Use the Top 10 Optimizer in SEO Profiler and Website Audit Tool to optimize your web pages for higher ranking in Google and other search engines:
Optimize your website now